The Tecno Camon 16 is the direct successor to the Camon 15 Premier launched about 6-months ago. The new Camon 16 Premier combines the power of the Mediatek Helio G90T CPU with a total of six (6) camera setups. The device spot 6.78-inches FHD+ display featuring pill-notch and 90Hz refresh rate.
Talking about the camera, the device has a dual 40MP + 8MP selfie snappers, kept in the pill-notch upfront. As for the rear camera setup, the Camon 16-premier has four modules which includes a 64-megapixel main lens, pegged with 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, a third 5-megapixel macro lens and a fourth 2-megapixel depth snapper, coupled with a quad-LED flash.
The Mediatek MT6785, also known as Helio G90T SoC seats on the inside with 8-core CPUs split into 2×2.05GHz Cortex-A76, and 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-. As for graphics and gaming, there is the Mali-G76 MC4 GPU, pegged with 8GB RAM and 128GB of built-in storage.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: , AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.2 GHz Octa-core,
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio G90T
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-G76 MP4 ( – 800 MHz)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 64 MP main sensor + 8MP ultra-wide + 2MP depth sensor + 2MP low-light sensor, Quad-LED flash, SLO-MO, 4K and 1080p@30fps video recording